Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Off topic.

So I usually post some crap title and ramble on and on about useless things. Sometimes I'll post a picture or a few and sometimes juuuuuust sometimes, I actually write something meaningful. Worthwhile. It's like going to some discount store and searching the racks or horribly worn clothes and then you come across a beautiful little number that has your name on it, it's your size and everything. (This happened to me recently and I think I'm going to tell you about it.) So here is the story, (I know I'm getting side tracked but it's what I do best so I might as well embrace it) I was going to Annie's Attic With my mother, it's a store for used clothes, mostly for older folks but I decided to go anyway. I was scanning the racks when a little white tag caught my eye. Diane Von Furstenberg. It was a beautiful little crop jacket, Black with gold embroidery. Absolutely stunning. It was a size 2, Perfect. The thing retails for I'd say, two hundred, if not more. I wanted this thing bad. So I showed my mom how great it was and she liked it as well. The price: seventy. A tiny bit steep for a jacket but well worth it. I decided I would wait, save up the money by mowing the lawn. At twenty dollars a week I'd have enough in four short weeks. So I waited for the grass to grow, cut it, and waited again. Finally when I finally had eighty dollars in my pocket, I told my mom to take me to annies half expecting the jacket to be gone, but after a quick search, there it was. The thing is everything in life isn't that easy. I of course, had to get cold feet. I had eighty dollars in my pocket ready to go to this itty bitty jacket that I fell in love with but, hey, the money could go to my car or something right? So I decided I would wait it out again. Bad Idea. My mom went in just one week later, and guess what was missing? Yeahp. It was gone. I really wish I would have gotten it the first time. Well this was longer than intended and I'm fairly certain no one has read this far. If you have comment so I can reward you for being so persistent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you shouldn't wait for stuff you want because its usually gone before you know it.

PZ said...

shoulda bought it. cars will come and go but a beautiful piece of clothing is forever. that sounds like it should be reversed...but i think clothes are way cooler than cars.

i'm really bored and i don't want to go to sleep. commenting on your blog is fun. yayayay.